Household Gatherings and Teachings

The Kingdom Perspective | Blog Talk Radio Feed

The Kingdom Perspective Blogtalkradio Show

Listen to internet radio with Kingdom Citizens on Blog Talk Radio

Household of Calhoun

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mercy

Today’s Focus: Mercy
Scripture: Matthew 5:1-16

Greetings Kingdom Citizens
When we look at verse 7 which states “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.” Now this seems straight-forward, however many of us seem to unintentionally ignore this rule. Ok, let me give you an example:

You owe me 500 dollars and you come to me and beg that I forgive you because you do not have the money on-time and can we work some arrangements out to pay the debt another way. I say ok (Mercy) how do you propose we get the debt paid.

Now I had mercy on you because I could have asked for my money back immediately and sent you to court and took you through hell, but because God has commanded us to have mercy on others, if I did not have mercy on you then He would not have mercy on me. Got it!

Here is a more vivid picture, take the time to look back over your life. Then look back and see all of the things that you did that were disobedient to God and His laws. Now, mercy is God sustaining you to this point because He could at any point taken you out, but He did not because He loves you and we should take the time to thank our Father for mercy. He has given you another chance, everyday you wake up to get it right! Do not think that our Father does not mean business!

So, citizens we should show mercy to others so that we should obtain mercy from our Father. Do not take our Father’s mercy for granted!

Abba’s Ambassador,
Min. Calvin Calhoun, Jr.