Household Gatherings and Teachings

The Kingdom Perspective | Blog Talk Radio Feed

The Kingdom Perspective Blogtalkradio Show

Listen to internet radio with Kingdom Citizens on Blog Talk Radio

Household of Calhoun

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Judge of Your Sphere

Seven Principles of Fathering
Today’s Focus: Principle #3 – Judge of Your Sphere
Scripture: Deuteronomy 7:5

Greetings Kingdom Citizens
Deuteronomy 7:5: “But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire. For thou are a holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto Himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.”

What does it mean to be a judge of your sphere? It means to control and judge the area around you that God has given you oversight (pastor) of. Fathers have been given grace to oversee their homes. Spiritual fathers has been given oversight over a household of sons. Now notice in the scripture it still points to the fact that we must break down these images and altars and all these things that go against God. As the father of your home, it is your responsibility to be a judge of that sphere and if anything comes within that sphere that is not of God you are to control it, destroy it, smash it or even burn it with fire. Some of the things that we must watch for within our own houses are the entertainment centers such as television, radio/ipod or computers. Watch out for the literature that your children read in magazines and even what they are teaching in the school system. You as the head of the household are to smite these images and destroy them because they will cause your child to turn from the Lord that you serve.

I will never forget the second time I met my wife before we got married and she had grown in the spirit and discernment. She came over to my house and was looking around strange at things that were on the walls. I had these tribal masks on my wall for decoration in particular. She asked me about them as to why do I have them, and I answered and said just for decoration. She then asked well do know where they came from and what they mean? I said no and I wondered “what is the big deal” and she began to explain to me that when these masks are made, spirits can be prayed into them and they are graven images to the gods that these people serve. I took all the masks down after doing my own research and burned them. Another situation was when I was a teenager around 13 and we went to a garage sale in the neighborhood. It was the first time but none the less we saw this game and I asked can we buy it. I believe it was about 5 dollars and it was called a Ouija Board. Now my parents at the time did not understand or know what it was about because it looked like a game. I read the instructions and tried it out by myself and nothing happened. Then I took it to school and when I got with another person and “meditated” over the question we would ask the Ouija Board, the piece on the board would spell out the answer. I wanted to know the name of God and it spelled out Jehovah so here I am having all this fun with this board until one day, my uncle came over and I brought the board to him asking him to play it with us and when He saw it, he immediately called my parents downstairs where we were at and told them the meaning or the Ouija board and what it symbolized and immediately they burned the board and the piece that came with it. I did not understand that as a child I was literally playing with demons and spirits that were not of God. They would give me the answer I was looking for just to keep me interested. Praise the Lord for sending my uncle to stop that madness and my parents began to understand the power of the spiritual and how they can try to come in and snatch your children.

As fathers we are to watch over and be the judge in our sphere and destroy any image or altar that tries to rise itself against God. In the next message we will look at discipline.

Peace, Love and Grace from the Father,
Calvin Calhoun, Jr.