Household Gatherings and Teachings

The Kingdom Perspective | Blog Talk Radio Feed

The Kingdom Perspective Blogtalkradio Show

Listen to internet radio with Kingdom Citizens on Blog Talk Radio

Household of Calhoun

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Spiritual Households, Spiritual Families and the Body of Christ

House of God
Today’s Topic: Spiritual Households, Spiritual Families and the Body of Christ (Mini-series)
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 1:10-17; 1 Corinthians 4:14-15; 1 Corinthians 11:29-33; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Ephesians 3:10-15;

Greetings Kingdom Citizens:
Now for the next few messages we will deal with this slightly complex subject of Spiritual Families, Spiritual Households and the Body of Christ. Now as you can see per the scriptures above we will be in the first letter to the church at Corinth for much of the message and this is not a coincidence but a divine design. The church at Corinth had a slight but major problem on their hands and Paul, after his salutation to them tells us what their problem is and this problem runs rampant today on many levels. Let’s look at 1 Corinthians 1:10,11:

“Now I beseech you brethren by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it have been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you”

So Paul starts by telling them that there should not be division amongst you but through the house of Chloe it is reported that there are divisions. Division in the body of Christ has really hampered our ability to come together as A Body. Satan has divided us amongst denominations and the mindset that “our way” is the way. For example, the Roman Catholic Church believes they are the true church of God because “they were given the keys of the kingdom”. First, this is a gross misunderstanding of what Jesus told Peter in Matthew 16 and second it is these mindsets that the devil has gotten great with keeping us holding on to piece of the truth instead of maturing and having a relationship with the Truth, Jesus Christ. Let me give you a personal testimony and one of the things I am honest about is myself and how God delivered me because I know there are people who are struggling with what they see in religion.

I grew up in the Primitive Baptist church. I had strong leadership and people outside of my immediate family that were instrumental in my maturity in Christ. Sixteen years later at the age of 29, I heard the Lord call me to be His mouthpiece in the Earth for Him. Now I fasted and prayed and the Lord confirmed my calling and the first thing the Lord introduced me to was the knowledge of the Kingdom of God. God gave me revelation and understanding to the potent, fundamental concept and reality in the Earth of the Kingdom. In giving me this revelation I began to see some conflict between some of the things I heard and see and what God showed me. Being young and energetic in the ministry, I wanted to tell people about it to show them the correct way, however God constrained me because there was more to show because He understood the retaliation that would happen when you come against religion and tradition. As God continued to mature me, he showed me how religion, racism, denominationalism, homosexuality, fraternities, sororities, secret societies, traditions and most of all a lack of knowledge and understanding in the Kingdom and House of God has been implanted in the church and the toll and devastation it is doing to the Body of Christ. God showed us the eternal side and consequence of what many think is a natural and harmless thing to do. Kingdom Citizens Ministries International became an eternal reality in the earth in 2007 and the Lord has graced us to the Kingdom of God and the House of God to the nations. It is called to disciple the nations to maturity in the Body of Christ and show the spiritual side to those “natural” things people like to do, to show the reason why we do not join or do those things because they go against the mandate, statutes, decrees and laws of our Lord and Savior. The Body of Christ is not a fleshly, denominational body and divided along those lines but a unified church under the Headship of Christ.

In the next message we will continue to look at divisions at the church at Corinth and show what was the thing that was dividing them and in the subsequent messages we will look at how God unites.

At the Father’s Service,
Elder Calvin Calhoun Jr.