Household Gatherings and Teachings

The Kingdom Perspective | Blog Talk Radio Feed

The Kingdom Perspective Blogtalkradio Show

Listen to internet radio with Kingdom Citizens on Blog Talk Radio

Household of Calhoun

Monday, March 23, 2009

Desiring Knowledge

The Good News (Gospel) According to Matthew
Today’s Focus: Desiring Knowledge
Scripture: Matthew 13:52-53

Greetings Kingdom Citizens
In this Kingdom parable we see Jesus explaining that the Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a man that is a householder which bringeth forth out of His treasure things new and old. What is unique about this is that when you become a citizen of the Kingdom of God then the Holy Spirit, through your desiring, seeking and wanting to know the Word of God, He will reveal the truth about the things old, which you had in your memory and reveal to you new things. Here is a good example, I have a lot of young people call me old (haha) for my age. I am 30 years young and getting younger. But the reason they call me old is because they say I am wise beyond my years. It is not because I am old, per say, but because when you desire to know the truth about the Kingdom of God, wisdom, knowledge and understanding is given to those citizens who wants to know. The wisdom, knowledge and most of all, understanding that is given is food for my spirit and continues to drive me to want to know more.

Here is a small revelation if you have not been seeking the Word of God, when you start, the Lord will show you in every way your life is wrong first, then reveal to you what you continue to want to know. Why does He do that? You must first come into the realization that the way you have been living is wrong and where it is wrong. Depending on your heart and your desire to still want to know and repent after that, then the Lord moves forward from there. When I started my journey, I had to give up so much for this journey, it cost me friends, family got upset with me, I had to deny the lifestyle I was living to go the way the Lord has called me. Was it initially difficult, yes but the reward since has been wonderful. The reality is if you do not want to know then God hides it from you. But if you want to know , He will reveal it to you. The Holy Spirit will reveal to you the things of old and new when you come into the Kingdom and seek His righteousness.

Abba’s Ambassador,
Min. Calvin Calhoun, Jr.