Household Gatherings and Teachings

The Kingdom Perspective | Blog Talk Radio Feed

The Kingdom Perspective Blogtalkradio Show

Listen to internet radio with Kingdom Citizens on Blog Talk Radio

Household of Calhoun

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Elements of Man: The Soul

Understanding the Sabbath

Today’s Focus: Elements of Man Part 2: The Soul

Scripture: Psalm 42:11; 84:2; 139:14; Lamentations 3:20; Matthew 26:38; 1 Thessalonians 5:23 Revelation 18:14;

Greetings Kingdom Citizens

The soul of man is a tripartite element. Let me explain! The soul has a mind, emotions and a will. Now this may sound theological but let’s see if the Scriptures can confirm this.

The Mind of the Soul

Psalm 139:14: I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my SOUL KNOWETH right well.

Lamentations 3:20: My soul HATH THEM STILL IN REMEMBRANCE, and is humbled in me.

The Emotions of the Soul

Psalm 42:11: Why art thou cast down O my soul? And why ART THOU DISQUIETED WITHIN ME? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him who is the health of my countenance, and my God

Matthew 26:38: Then saith He unto them, My soul is EXCEEDING SORROWFUL, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

The Will of the Soul

Revelation 18:14: And the fruits that THY SOUL LUSTED AFTER are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

Psalm 84:2: My soul LONGETH, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh and my flesh crieth out for the living God.

So we see in scripture that the soul has a mind, will and emotions and when we examine these scriptures we see that the soul seeks rest from sorrow, lust, fainting and despair. This is why our souls need rest and needs to be renewed daily because this is our self-centered consciousness.

In the next message we will look at the tripartite elements of the spirit.

Peace, Love and Grace from the Father,

Calvin Calhoun, Jr.