Household Gatherings and Teachings

The Kingdom Perspective | Blog Talk Radio Feed

The Kingdom Perspective Blogtalkradio Show

Listen to internet radio with Kingdom Citizens on Blog Talk Radio

Household of Calhoun

Thursday, August 22, 2013

"The Dream Series" - Introduction


“The Dream” Series

Today’s Focus: Introduction

Greetings Sons of God:
While I was at work I was thinking upon things that were going on at the Capitol in Tallahassee, FL where the Dream Defenders are sitting in at the Governors office hoping for change in the aftermath of the Trayvon Martin verdict.  Now I am not here to even discuss that issue but as I was sitting in silence working, the Lord spoke and gave me understanding into “The Dream”.  The Dream I am referring to was “The I Have A Dream” Speech by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.  He then took me to his last speech “I Have Been to the Mountaintop” and gave me insight and understanding into how this message is relevant today.  Now as He spoke I sat there in awe and a joy filled my spirit.  After giving me understanding He began to show me where we missed the interpretation of the message within the speech but also how when we look at dreams in general how we fail to respond through our lack of understanding of how dreams work. 

In this series before we even talk about the speech itself and get the interpretation we must go back and understand to purpose for dreams and how they function in the lives of the sons of God. 

Joel 2:28: And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and daughters shall prophesy and your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.

So in this Scripture we see the Lord telling us that dreams are a way by which He will communicate with His sons and daughters.  Now the problem we have ran into is understanding how and why He does this.  So many of our people are having dreams and seeing visions and their response to the dreams are “well it is just a dream or it is just a nightmare”.  And what many have missed is an understanding that dreams are a way that God speaks to us.   Now if we know this we cannot just stop there, wake up from the dream and just go on our merry way!  If you desire to understand, then you must ask the Lord for interpretation.  He may answer you plainly by His voice to your spirit or He may send someone to give you the interpretation but you must ask for the interpretation.  

Finally, dreams come in two ways:  Symbolic and Literal.  If they are symbolic you ask for the interpretation and when they are literal you obey what is shown and said.  Sometimes it will require you to go to someone and speak what you the Lord showed.   We must get a solid foundation into the concept of dreams because if we don’t we will miss the voice of the Lord speaking to us clearly and only see it as a mere coincidence. 

In the next message we will look at understanding the interpretation of dreams.


Peace, Love and Grace,
Calvin Calhoun, Jr.